Originally Posted by OUTCAST
Allow me to add another question. Did he ever publish a book? Don't recall any. Back in his day dad was a JO'C fan we only got OUTDOOR LIFE so I never had an opportunity to read much he wrote. Only recall he was a 7mm advocate. Mashburn, maybe.

I had a book by Page a number of years ago (can't find it now) on benchrest shooting. He was an advid benchrest shooter and heavily influenced the developement of 6mm cartridges (243 Winchester and 244 Remington). His development of the "243 Page Super Pooper" led to the development of the 243 Winchester , while Fred Huntngton of RCBS focused on what became the 244 Remington (Huntington called his cartrdge the 244 Rockchucker).

Page was a big advovate of 7mm cartridges and pushed the reputation of the 7mm Mashburn Magnum, which led to the 7mm Reingtn. He wrote of this cartridges and his rifle ("Old Betsy") in a mid-late 50's Gun Digest. I believed he lived in the Hunson River Valley, north of New York City. He regularly wrote for the gun Digest in the '50's.