2" is about where mine is at. I have had this kit installed for a year with no problems. I agree that if more than 2" is needed, a lift kit is the way to go. Before I bought these keys I asked around, and everyone that had been running them really liked them and hadn't had any problems. Here is what the manufacturer says:

Will this kit cause front end problems or prematurely wear out suspension and steering components?

No, this kit actually places less of a load on steering components than conventional 4" or 6" lift kits which use ladder style replacement steering drag links. Full bracket drop kits integrate the steering drop with an offset drag link, (with or without a 3rd idler link); this places a 4"-6" cantilever against the idler arm, pitman arm, and the steering box lower bearing. The leveling kit does not change the drag link or subject the steering components to any of these conditions, commonly associated with premature idler arm failure in IFS lift systems.

The leveling kit works within the range of the FACTORY droop, or downward suspension cycle. It does NOT bind the CV axles or ball joints, just as none of these conditions occur with the truck supported on a hoist and the front wheels hanging freely in the air. A word about IFS lifts: Contrary to popular belief, it is typically the aftermarket wheel and tire combination, and NOT the suspension lift that causes premature failure in IFS components. Wide oversized tires on 10" or 12" wide rims commonly seen with 6" to 8" lifts will cantilever the ball joints and wheel bearings into premature failure --- blaming a properly installed suspension lift for these problems is a common misconception. With that in mind, the leveling kit does not allow clearance for 10" or 12" wide aftermarket rims or drastically oversized tires and this is not a concern.

However, I did just e-mail them again pressing the issue. I also posted a question on "The Diesel Page" concerning this. many of the guys there have either cranked up their factory torsion bars, installed "green" keys, or installed the keys I'm using. I also went ahead and took 2.5 turns out of each key since I now have ample tire clearance--though I am going to work on the fenders very soon.

Blaine

Last edited by AFP; 12/11/03.