I have a Marlin 336 in 35. Remington- 70 series micro groove, that has never shot the over-the-counter 200gr Remington Corelokt round nose worth a dam.

I cast some .358 186 gr (RCBS 38-175-RN) gas checked wheel weight round nose bullets, sized to .357 w/ Lee's alox... Backed up w/10 gr of Unique. Used Stoney Point OAL ga and Comparator. This shot about a low to-the-left 3.5" group at 50 yards.

Next, I cast .358 214 gr (RCBS 35-200-FN) gas checked wheel weight flat nose bullets, sized to .358 w/ Lee's alox... Backed up w/11.5 gr of GreenDot. Used Stoney Point OAL ga and Comparator with a .020 bullet jump to rifling.

This shot about a bullseye 3/4" group at 50 yards (this is as far a shot I can get out my back door in the rain).

I'm new to Cast Bullets so I don't know what's normal, but the barrel fouls like soot from a Black Powder rifle, just after a few shots. Is this a leading problem, or is it normal?

It's acurrate enough, and it's pretty easy to clean.

If it is not good I'm thinking the .358 sized buller sets tight on the case when you go to seat it, and it's stripping off the alox lube. I have Lee dies, and I couldn't find away to bell the mouth.

I have no Idea what kind of velocity I'm getting.

Can some one help and see what I need to do, or is everything about right.

Thanks,