this has always bothered me but it came to the front of my mind today when I went to a gunshop and indoor range to rent two pistols. I plan on getting a ccw permit when I turn 21. But I also think that a person should have a lot of experience with their sidearm before they go out in the world and carry it. So at 19 years of age, and adult supposedly I go to the range to testdrive a glock 30, and a kimber ultra carry to see which fits me better and which I shoot better. I found out that I am not allowed to rent a gun until I am 21. <BR>I have asked a lot of people and none have been able to give an adequate explanation. Why at 18 is someone considered to be an adult? But they are not entitled to every adult right given to United States citizens. I am allowed to vote, live on my own, be drafted and serve in the armed forces, but I cannot have a handgun, ccw permit, or consume alcoholic beverages among other rights that other adults have? <P>I think that either a person is an adult or they are not. If they can vote and live on their own they should be completely entitled to every right allowed.<P>Sorry about my rant but this really makes me mad. Also a lot of adults over 21 agree with me. what do you guys think? <P>

"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.