Terry, your kidding right? He stated it right in your quote, "...the lack of an external bolt release. (You remove the bolt by pressing down the receiver mounted pivoting ejector, which protrudes from the edge of the bolt face when the bolt is fully open.)"

I did give a reference to a source that backed up Mr. Shoemakers thoughts...we should be ready for publication in a peer-reviewed journal now.

In my quest for more information, I have read a couple articles that he mentions the Husqvarna...and it's always the same one with the "lack of external bolt release". Sorry, just assumed by the quote you gave it was pretty obvious he didn't know much about them. I wasn't giving you the gears at all...the only one that bugged me was Chuck Hawks.

This is a quote from his custom Husky 7x57 article:
"The procedure for removing the bolt from the Husqvarna action is a bit odd. There is no bolt release on the left side of the receiver as is common with many bolt action rifles, and pulling the trigger all the way rearward does not help. The secret is to open the bolt and depress the spring loaded ejector blade, which can be seen protruding slightly from the lower left side of the bolt face. With the ejector depressed the bolt will slide smoothly from the action." Chuck Hawks

Last edited by djpepper; 06/13/08.