Here's what I'm trying to sort out...

I keep thinking about the 2500 lb. bison in that article, knocked DRT by a .257 caliber, 100 gr. TSX blazing out of the barrel at 4100 ft/sec., through both shoulders and off into the countryside.

To me, this is just freakin' amazing, and kinda belies just about everything I'd come to understand about bullet weight and size.

Question is, is there some point or threshold at which the physics involving speed in and of itself (assuming bullet construction that holds together, which Barnes obviously do) takes on or affects an entirely different dynamic?

Taken to the extreme in order to illustrate my point, "rail" guns being advanced for military purposes shoot a simple bolt, about 18" long, made of titanium I believe, at hyper speeds. When they hit a tank, they blow the damn thing to rat unowhat.

I'm reading in recent articles that the damage done by these relatively fast bullets is, in a word, devastating, whether on big game or in test medias.

Fascinating subject that has me wondering if we're seeing the evolution of bullets and hunting firearms to yet another level up until now somewhat inconceivable.