I found very little difference in the DOF between the Yosemite, a porro and the IF Minox, a roof.
Nor did I find any real difference in DOF between my Pentax DCF SP 8X43 and my Leica 8X42 BA.
I can't even say that a CF 6.5X32 Minox would be much of an improvement. I presume that would raise the cost of it for one. If it works any where near as easily as I think it will, i.e. memorizing a couple of settings for general glassing, that ought to work fine. Maybe not the best for really short range work like OK's blood trail ? Haven't looked into that possibility yet.
It isn't a long range glass. Nor is it a true all around glass. But for a really practical, user friendly glass for anything within 400- 600 yds., I don't see anything save the Yosemite that can offer much over it. The Yosemite is lighter, cheaper, and more comfortable to carry. The Minox 6.5 IF offers a touch better optics, less image shake and is a bit more compact. Both give me the impression that they will give a hunter all he needs for this type of binocular use. E