First and foremost, any responses to my dilemma below are greatly appreciated.

I am contemplating taking advantage of the Cabelas spend 5 hundy and get a $150 gift card. In doing so, I am trying to figure out what to buy....and being as indecisive as I am can pose problems with purchases such as these!!!!

I am thinking about getting either a 223 or a 22-250, that is my first hurdle in the decision process. We have some coyotes running around the area I hunt, not to mention too many badgers and "pot guts". If I could find the time, which I plan to, I may try my hand at drawing some of those wiley coyotes into my crosshairs (all the while plucking off some badgers/pot guts). Anyhow, this is farm land with sagebrush hills, pretty wide open terreain...hence, some potential long shots. I understand the 22-250 ballistically has its advantages over the 223. However, people often mention the cost of ammunition being 223 friendly. Any thoughts on either cartridge? Plus, just shooting around can be a good time...maybe the 223 is a bit more "user friendly".

I like the Remington Model 700 which leads to my next question...Cabelas has a synthetic stock mossy oak model 700 (probably ADL model I suppose) for like $490 bucks (includes a Cabelas 3-9x40 scope which I will replace) in the 223. They also have a stainless steel synthetic stock varmint model 700 with the bigger barrel for like $540 in the 22-250 or the 223. Any thoughts on either one of those...the good, bad, the ugly? With that, I am certainly not opposed to other suggestions in either cartridge other than I am kind of partial to Remington.

Anyhow, I have got to pull the trigger (no pun intended) on either of the above as the sale ends Wednesday I believe. So, any help and/or thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!

For what it is worth, I currently have a 300 win mag, a 270 and a 6mm....

Thanks in advance!!!