I have used the .338 since its inseption, I got one the first year of production and have hunted in about 70 countries with it..I have shot everything from rock chucks to Cape Buffalo with it..It is truely a grand caliber..

I personally have 3 loads but they are all handloads..I shoot the 210 Nosler at 3005 FPS, the 250 Nosler at 2700 FPS and the 300 gr. Woodleighs at 2400 FPS give or take a tad in my 24 inch barreled Mauser rifle...

These are my favorite bullets..I tried the Swifts on several Safaris, shot some 40 or so animals with them and frankly did not particularly care for them...They do expand into these nice but very smooth perfect mushrooms, and look great on the desk top or in your trophy room, but the fact is the Nosler and Woodleighs have those ragged ugly wings splaying outward and they cut and tear up a lot more tissue than the smooth round Swifts that remind me of a muzzle loader ball with a base. The Noslers sometimes spew the lead out but the remainder of the bullet looks much like a Barnes X and does the same thing. If you have a problem with the lead coming out of the frontal portion then use a heavier Nosler and it won't happen..

I also like the GS Customs monolithic bullets for the 338...I don't care much for the 225 gr. bullets in any make as I see them as neither fish nor fowl or perhaps I am an extremeist..

At any rate I think you need to look over the Federal ammunition as they have quite a bit on their plate to choose from...

The above is only my opinnion based on my experiences and I respectfully know that others may have had different experiences.