The J frame .22�s have suffered a reputation for inaccuracy mostly because they�ve been judged against the K frame .22�s; which isn�t a fair comparison. The K frame guns all have match chambers and the J frame guns don�t. A match chamber is one of the best things you can do for a .22�s accuracy. But the J frame .22�s weren�t intended to be target revolvers, that�s what the K frame guns were for. So the J frame guns were given standard chambers which was a good call. A field gun with match chambers can be a liability. Any accumulation of grime and my 617 gets persnickety about accepting fresh rounds into it�s tight chambers. You�ll never have that problem with the model 63.

Accuracy is good with the 63; certainly good enough for most anything you want to do. The longer barrel guns tend to shoot much better, because they balance better. Balance is really the only problem the J frame .22�s have; they�re just feather light and don�t steady well when you add in the very small grip.

As a learning handgun for kids, I can�t think of a more ideal handgun than the 34/63. I�d love to have one.