I know a lot of folks here have more experience than I do. I certainly hope that nothing you are using is gumming up and leaving deposits in there. I'll tell you what I do, maybe something will help, or maybe you can tell me if I'm doing something wrong myself.

I had a nice sit down with my gunsmith a long time ago and he showed me how to clean a gun. He (I) use(s) Remington Bore Cleaner. It's water based and gray. It's a physical (non-chemical) cleaner, but he assured me it is non - abrasive. I push a soaked patch through say five times, then I soak another and push it through, say five times and so on until the patches don't come out black any more. Then I use Butch's Boreshine, and make sure that patch comes out clean. Then I run a clean dry patch through and leave it at that. I have cleaned all my rifles in such a manner for 20+ years and they are always spotless when I bring them in for work. He likes to borescope them to see how I'm doing. The last one I brought him, he said looked like it had been lapped. I use Ballistol for exterior surfaces and general lubrication, and Shooter's Choice grease (red grease in syringe) on logs and double barrel hinges and such. I have Dewey cleaning rods and MTM chamber guides.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson