I have never chronographed a faster load with any bullet weight from 150 to 220 grains than when using 760. The other powder and only with 180 grainers I would use in my rifle, is the 4350's.

I fully realize that my '06 has a sloppy chamber and uses several grains above most contributors here, or any of the manuals, but there isn't a hint of excess pressure with my loads.

When it was new, it digested VARGET, or AR2208 as it is called downunder, with the 130 grainers though I have noticed that in recent years, VARGET has been slowed down somewhat in contemporary versions and no longer gets the same velocities I used to get.

This is normal evolution with powders after they are marketed by other companies as the burning rates are often modified to replicate pre-existing versions from other sources as was the case with AR2209 being sold as H 4350.

When released, it was a little faster than IMR 4350. These days, it is a little slower but does not effect handloaders as slowing a powder reduced pressure a tad. (velocity too)

JW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.