I wonder what the 'stuff shot over' vs. 'stuff shot under' ratio is... I bet it's at least 4 to 1. Given that you've typically got a whole lot of wiggle room to the right or left... even on smaller critters like coyotes and those things they call deer in Texas... I'd guess that probably 70% of all the critters that get shot at and escape unharmed... are missed on the high side. That's why I just don't buy the 3" high at 100... and 6" (or 8", or 10") MPBR theories. I'll take an 1" high at 100 and 5" low somewhere calculable... that's the same 6" circle y'all Point Blankers are touting... without the risk of launching a round right over the whithers.

This is another beautiful thing about those Ballistic reticles that we get so torn-up about. I sight in 1" high at 100... I draw down on a buck at an unknown range... the crosshairs and the 300 yard dot both fit inside the chest... and WHAMMY. I know that bullet is going to hit between those two lines all the way out to 300... I don't have to worry about the shot going high... I don't have to get out the rangefinder... or spin a turret (I know Steeley... you can do it quicker than Rossie can empty a 10 pc. bucket). I guess it's similar to the PBR (not the beer)... but again... without the draw back of the high-flyer.

I know personally my mis-high ratio is MUCH higher... it's more like 9 to 1... especially on coyotes. I used to shoot over those little bastards all the time... now I don't remember the last time I missed one high (maybe that's why I don't remember...)

Last edited by DDP; 09/12/08.

To rear children in an atmosphere of love, security, and faith is the most rewarding of all challenges. The good results from such efforts becomes life's most satisfying compensation. ~Gordon B. Hinckley