Originally Posted by muledeer
Originally Posted by Bruzer
There were various reasons that the H&H and 35W wouldn't work as an RSI..from the action length to the end cap dimensions.....As cartridges for RSI's I just thought they would be neat to own.

Robert

I think you could make an RSI in .35 Whelen. I built one in .338 Federal, and had to relieve the nose cap very little for the slightly larger muzzle diameter. A Whelen barrel would have to be only .020" larger at the muzzle, and I think there's plenty of wood at the muzzle and room to open the nose cap to fit. .300 H&H COAL is too long for the standard Ruger action, I think.

I would love to see Ruger bring out a LA RSI in 9x57 Mauser, or 9.3x57. That would be ultimately cool -- especially if they figured it out and put a 20" barrel on them.

I like my .338 Federal RSI a lot; hope to show some pics this fall with dead things grin.

Dennis

Dennis,

As I understood it the Stainless/Silver end caps only came in 1 circumference. In order to do a .358 of any sort would require them to special order new end caps to fit the larger barrel contour required.....I dunno.....That's just what I was told.

Robert

Bruz
"You can't scare me.........I have kids"