Hi Steelhead, Well, I shot it today started about 25yds that wasn't too bad. then I moved out to about 75yds. and shot like crap just all over the target! I don't know if it was me or what I haven't shot a larger caliber than my .22 CZ rifles for a few years. I know I wasn't flinching though, like a dumb ass I forgot to clean the barrel before first shooting I checked to make sure every thing stayed tight on scope, bases, etc. now I did remove the barrel from the stock to adjust the trigger for pull and creep the best I could and still keep safety operable. As far as the scope well, it is a cheap Bushnell Banner 6x18x50 so I don't know if it can handle the recoil without changing the POI. the only other scope I have right now is a Simmons Whitetail Classic 6.5x20x50 well, I do have a Nikon 3x9x40 Prostaff but, I would have to reset the parallex from 50 back to 100yds. again. I may also have to practice my technich more. when shooting my CZ .22 rifles I use my ATV rack with a couple cheap shooting bags for a rest lol! and always shoot free recoil and usually manage 1/4" to 3/4" 5 shot groups at 50yds. should I try the free recoil method also, with the 30-06? I shot one round the last round, free recoil since the small tree I was using for targets fell over so I just left after that. any advice would be appreaciated when I replaced the barrel in the stock, I torqued the action screws to 20"lbs. front and rear unless the torques need to be changed I'm pretty well lost Thanks for any advice! frown .