I'm more than a little miffed at this apparent lack of info. I note on Alliant's website that they are not giving pressures associated with that load. I'm guessing about 45-48,000 PSI.

Simply put - there can't be that much difference between older lots (older than 1 yr) and the newer lots. I have several Alliant guides and they show 59.5 gr as max at 48,400 PSI. I suspect the psi is actually CUP but that ain't what it says. If there is that much difference between then (2005) and now then they should have put out a bulletin. Either they were doing it wrong up until 2005 or they have backed way off for some reason.

As another anomaly, take a gander at the new Nosler manual for the 35 Whelen and 225 Partitions - 2800 ft/sec with several powders. That ain't gonna happen in my rifle...............

I don't buy the fast barrel/slow barrel argument much. Physics is physics and with SAAMI specs, we shouldn't see wide variations in standardized equipment on pressure or velocity.

In the end, I have a couple of sources of pressure tested data that says 59 gr of RE 15 under a cup and core 250 gr bullet is safe in the 35 Whelen. 2500 ft/sec has been the standard velocity in the 35 for more years than I've been alive. I'm sticking with it.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.