A close friend of mine has a couple of these brand new Busnell Elite 4.5x30x50mm scopes on his 1,000 yard BR Rifles.
I got to put them through their paces (right alongside 2 NightForce variable BR types by the way!) today.
It has been a VERY long time since I had anything good to say about a Bushnell scope!
And to say I was impressed with the Bushnell Elite would be an understatement!
I would MUCH rather own the Bushnell Elite than the NightForces!
I am still in a bit of shock over these scopes that are about half the price of the NightForces in fact!
And speaking of NightForce scopes I hear the Bushnell Elite 6500 is made in the same Japanese factory as the NightForces are!
AND the Bushnell Elite is way smaller than the NightForces of similar powers!
These Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5x30's are SO impressive optically that my mind started spinning out scenarios where I could afford one as soon as I inspected them!
At $700.00 or so deliverd to me I am VERY tempted to jump on one of these by Christmas time!
I posted this "optical" impression here in the Varmint Rifles section because that is what I would be interested in using this new Bushnell for - Varminting!
I mean this scope was IMPRESSIVE in every regard!
My friend has competed with one of these scopes already and liked it so much he bought another!
This 4.5 to 30 power range could make this scope THE ultimate Varminting scope!!!
Way to go Bushnell!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy