Went to the Yuma gunshow this morning and found it to be pretty thin pickin's, not very many guns and lots of the usual junk. A few $800.00 black rifles priced at $1600.00 and up!!! In a back corner of the show I almost walked past an older couple's table, she had knick-knacks and some jewelry, he had 5 or 6 rifles all crowded up on one end of the table. A second glance revealed a Marlin lever gun with a 24" barrel. So I says to myself, "Self, it wont take a minute to look", which I did.

This is a Model 336ADL rifle, manufactured from 1948-1962. It is in about 95% condition on the metal and a few hunting scratches on the wood , which has the factory cut checkering. Nothing serious. It had obviously been in someone's closet for many many years, the old oil on the bolt had solidified and turned brown. The bore is as new. It still has the original factory sling swivels, but need a bullseye and a front sight hood. It is a .32 Special. The old feller was kind of a grouch but I managed to cajole him into coming down to $250.00 from his price of $275.00 and we parted friends. I knew I had done OK on it, a check in the Blue Book later told me I had done OK +.

So, now I gotta get bullets, cases, dies, a tang sight, etc. A guy can go broke getting bargains.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]