Originally Posted by 1minute
CrimsonTide: Geez man! What are you trying to do here? Mostly I've found well informed folks on this site. How did you mange to slip in here?

I hope my wife never meets you. A 270 is totally inadequte for pronghorn. No respectable pronghorn would be taken with anything less than a 257 Weatherby. For caribou, a 6.5 x 55 is perfect. Mule deer will require a 7 mm Rem Mag, and should you do elk, at least a 300 Winchester. If you move to the timber for elk or decide to do bison a 45-70 is an absolute must. With black bear the 30-06 is perfect. Basically, every species requires a specific well tuned rifle. I could go on for ground squirrels, coyote, rabbits, bobcats, mt lion, hogs, etc, but I think you get the picture. I even have rifles for species that haven't been invented yet. Should I ever luck out and draw a bighorn tag, there's nothing in the safe that will suffice. Again, stay away from my wife. 1Minute

Thank you. please explain that to my girlfriend, who thinks one gun will do everything because her dad has hunted for 40 some years and only owns one rifle