mliang,

Someone suggested the Minox 62. I compared one with my 6500 4 1/2-30X50. So far it is the only glass that has been better than my Bushnell rifle scope; just barely, but it was better. For deserning detail, I could not tell any difference between my 6500 on 30X and my 12-42X NightForce set on 30X.

Of course you will be anoid because I am not going to suggest you buy a high dollar scope. When my gun smith decided to buy a spotting scope, he spent about half the day comparing brands side by side. These icluded Leupold and Nikon and others. I don't remember all he told me. He bought a Tasco 20-60X80MM. He said none of the spotters under $500 were as good as it.

I know when a bunch of us compared some scopes last summer, it beat all of them except my 12-42X56 NightForce. Each was set on its highest power with the higher powered scope set on that same lower magnification. We were comparing the ability to resolve the edges of the letters on a HIGH VOLTAGE sign on a transformer ranged 411 yards away with a Leica 1200. The scopes included a Weaver 6-24X, a Bushnell 4200 6-24X and Leupold VX-3 6 1/2-20X, 3-15X Sightron II and others. These were all nice, but definately fell behind the Tasco spotter.

If you want to impress folks with your toy. Spend some big money. But, I recomend the Tasco. I'm pretty sure they sell for around $180. If you can find one on sale, you might shave off fifty or sixty bucks.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter