How can one person describe taste to another? What does vanilla ice cream taste like ? I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to describe the taste. I have eaten some of most of the game animals I have taken in Zimbabwe over 8 safaris and can truthfully say I have had none that is bad. Some I prefer to other but it is all good -- TO ME. Every camp I have been in has had a good cook capable of preparing a very good meal. One cook I would say was truley chef status and could prepare a meal egual to any I have ever had anywhere. Most of the camps I have been in used local fresh vegetables where available and while different I found them to be universally good. I am diabetic and mentioned it on the questionaire I filled out for my first safari. When I arrived in camp the cook informed me he had a diabetic cook book and would endeavor to prepare me diabetic meals which he did. They were quite good. I love to eat and have never been disappointed on safari and the food was one of the aspects I enjoyed most of all. In all the camps I have been in we almost always ate game meat and rarely beef, but always had bacon or sausage for breakfast and I became particularly fond of the big Afrikaans sausage that I can neither spell nor pronounce but can immediately recognize. The one special item I like is the bread that is baked in the dutch oven buried in the ground. It is probably better than any bread I have ever had. Fresh hot right out of the ground with generous portions of fresh butter is something to kill for.