Originally Posted by Huntr
1akhunter,
Some great trophies there, thanks for sharing!

I've been blessed to stumble across a few critters while ambling about God's country and I am truly grateful for those life experiences.

the point of the photos though IS

the hat changes, the boots change, the shirts change, the PANTS stay the same.

there's a reason for that.

if it helps someone else use their outdoor money wisely it's thanks enough and the only way I really know how to repay the guys that taught me how to get around in the Alaska Bush, with confidence, comfort and sheer enjoyment.

OKanagan have you used the C's guidewear fishing pants?

am amazed if the Grammici (sp?) are lighter than those!

I've done some late fall hunts for bear and had an old river guide express amazement that I had no wool trousers. "No woolies?" he asked

Nope, have taken them outa my go to hades bag (bag with warm coat, mad bomber hat, heavy gloves etc. for when the temp just lost the bottom) replaced with expedition poly's those under my supplex and I better be sitting in really cold weather to notice the difference.

don't feel I've ever suffered for it.

even going to the cabin in extreme temps I don't wear wool anymore.

though I do dote on my Merino wool longjohns, Smartwool socks and a lt wt. wool sweater

the wool sweater I just can't give up on, it seems warmer than fleece to me, and when it gets cool enough to don it, I just feel like I'm really hunting, and in good meat hanging weather.

god but I'm thankful I've lived in a place where I could hunt.

but I think I'm going to start going back to see family in November again now to extend my hunting season with whitetails and quail if there any left.

I harbor a bit of envy missing whitetail season and so enjoy the pix folks share, god didn't make many critters prettier than deer.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say