of all your options, i most definately support the ar15-m4.

outstanding rifle. i have run 3-400 rounds over the course of a day plinking at the range. no jams. no malfunctions. i shoot a rock river arms rifle. sum moa accuracy at 100 yards off a sandbag w/a 16" bbl. when i get my new digi-cam i'll post pix of targets and loads. weighs 8lbs w/a 30rd. mag in place, or 7.5lbs w/a 10 rounder.

i do have experience with a ruger mini-14. don't bother. i am a fairly good shot, with my personal best hunting achievement being a 360 yd. headshot on a doe freehand. in one eye and out the other. she never took another step. i don't think i could hit the a barn with a mini-14 from the inside with the doors closed. if you'll notice, all those guys shooting mini-14s on that old campy show, The A-Team never actually hit anything or anybody with 'em.

have no experience with the other stuff you mentioned, but will tell you that purchasing a product designed, built and modified in the U.S. is a better deal from the consumer's standpoint than finding out that your retention gizmo on the safety of the daewoo won't work and replacement parts are simply not available.

you can get into an ar15 for 600 or so, and swap out barrels, get new furniture, triggers, lights, lasers, grips, almost too much stuff to mention, quite easily.

of course, get what you really want, but hang out with some guys shooting high-power matches with ar15s before you knock 'em. if the rifle is set up right, it's way trick.

cheers!

Wag More. Bark Less.