Back in the early 1960s, I bought a new Texan Turret Press... but I've never used it as a progressive turret press.

It has 7 "stations" on the turret-head and I use them to keep two die-sets for center-fire rifles (currently .300 Savage & 7x57) and one 3-die pistol die-set (.44 magnum) ready to be used at all times.

Since the .300 Savage & 7x57 use the same shell-holder, it's a simple matter to turn the turret to the appropriate caliber set of dies and start reloading.

The .44 magnum takes a different shell-holder, but once that is changed, I'm ready to reload the .44 pistol rounds since all the dies for all three calibers are already set up to the proper height and locked down.

I have die-sets for about a dozen calibers, but these three die-sets are the calibers I use most.

However, since I load mostly "accuracy" and hunting loads... and rarely load any great volume (usually never more than 50 rounds and often just 20 or 30 rounds) of any particular caliber, I don't really need a high-volume loading press like any of the Dillon Presses.

From everything I've heard... for good, high-volume reloading, I understand that the Dillon line of reloading presses are excellent values. smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...