Originally Posted by SteveC99
FWIW. I have had lots of both Winchester and Remington 6.5x55 brass that would not uniformly fit the nominally indicated RCBS #2 shell holder for the cartridge. Some brass fit the way it should, some rather loosely and some was too small to be held by the shell holder, and a RCBS #3 was then needed.

SteveC99 I can`t comment on how consistant various lots of brass are. Winchester and Remington may well have varied in the past and might still. This is a small sample of one lot of 4 brands, and nothing more. I personally have never seen the difference some report, but the fact they report it must mean something is happening.
I have measured a case or two in the past on whim, and as I recall never have seen a Swede casehead measure under .470/+". This is the 1st time however I have compared all the different brands I have laying around at once. If I ever tear a rim off and stick a case due to rim inconsistancy I will be a hot little boy though.

I must confess, I was born at a very early age. --Groucho Marx

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when they deserve it. --Mark Twain