Now for my 2 cents worth. I use the Burris rings on all my rifles and love them, got them on everything from a 7MM RUM to 22's with nary a problem. The offsets will work wonders. I had to do this recently on one of my rifles and knew it wasn't the scope or rings. I bought a new encore and put on a name brand supposedly "one of the best" steel bases to mount the scope. After having to use all kinds of the offsets to make scope work out I bought an aluminum base and replaced the steel base and promptly had to remove all the offsets and everything worked out great. I do think the Burris rings are the way to go but I might go the extra mile and try a new base, also.

I would like to also add that I don't like the windage adjustable rings because they have to put your scope in a bind. The Burris rings will self align in the rings and never mark or dent you scope and I've never had a set slip on anything.

Last edited by Enios; 01/20/09.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."