Ivan - good on you for having some fun. That's what it's all about and what so many forget about our sport. That brass is probably not worth keeping. .30-06 brass is pretty cheap and can be bought for less than $20 for 50 which will last you a long time. Remington and Winchester sell packages of it in bulk and you can even find it at Walmart.

As far as a front rest, a good sandbag is all you need. A really nice investment for about $50 is one of those cordura bags that cradles your forend - I think they call them bull bags or varmint shooting bags. I have a $200 Caldwell competition rest and always grab my varmint shooting bag when I head to the range as it works just as well. Midwayusa is a great place to get that stuff if you can't find it locally.

And of course, spend all you can on a quality scope and mounts. That's cool you hit your target with the Simmons, but check out the nikons at www.samplelist.com. Great refurbished scopes for less than $250 (I highly recommend the 4.5-14 buckmaster for a good cheap bench scope) and they will make that Simmons look like blurry night vision in comparison. You will find out that good glass is worth it's weight in gold. I've upgraded my scopes over the years from Simmons to leupold to zeiss conquest to Swarovski. And now I'm looking at Docter and Schmidt and Bender. Keep having fun, and good luck.