A couple years ago I put together what I wanted in a general purpose hunting rifle (a 30.06)to use here in Alaska. I've been working on it's big brother and he's almost done. Whether or not a 375 H&H is needed for Alaska is debatable but it's what I wanted so thats what it is. I like older cartridges and don't see anything thats getting it done much better than what the the 06 and 375 H&H have been doing for a long time. I have a Brown Bear permit for Kodiak in the Spring and this is the rifle I will take, and hopefully will return to Africa to chase Cape Buffalo some day.

It started out as a Winchester M70 Classic Stainless in 375H&H but I was never really happy with the rifle as it was so I made some adjustments. I sent the rifle with a Douglas #4 contour barrel off to REDNECK and asked him to work some magic on it and here are the results. Work still to be done is to rebed the action into the stock and fill the barrel channel and then send the rifle to CAS to be Cerakoted and the stock repainted.

[Linked Image]

Stock is a McMillan Supergrade. Rifle also has Williams 1 pc bottom metal and a Williams extractor. Scope is a Leupold Vari X III 1.75-6x32 in Leupold quick release mounts.

[Linked Image]

REDNECK installed and chambered the barrel, completely went through the action and made any adjustments needed, checked feeding, adjusted the trigger, installed the NECG front and Rear Sights and installed the Gentry barrel band swivel.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I wanted to see how it would shoot so I headed off to the range with a few rounds I threw together with some Reloader 15.

[Linked Image]

It was a balmy -13 with a light snow. Perfect for a day alone at the range.

[Linked Image]

I did a little barrel break in but my hands were getting cold and the Shooters Choice was freezing so I had to cut the session short. After cleaning the barrel for the last time I had 5 rounds with 270 TSX's so decided to shoot them see what results I would get. 3 shot group was about 3/4 inch, I think when things warm up the gun will shoot better than I can.

3 rounds

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/AKJD/img006.jpg[/img]

2 rounds

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/AKJD/img014.jpg[/img]

I want to add that Lee (REDNECK) was an absolute pleasure to work with. He kept me informed of progress, turn around time was short, and the work was excellent. Feeding and operation of the safety and trigger are much smoother. I got exactly what I wanted the rifle to be.

[Linked Image]