In Louisiana, the deep south of the USA. That little Barnes X boatail bullet really works well. Plan to use a few more of it's replacement, the TSX in the future.

Yeah, that rifle seemed about too much when I pulled the trigger, looked like a metal silhouette just tipped over wink

My little Pentax A10 has a close up feature and focuses well on close up stuff. 8.3MP gives great shots.

That little rifle I sold and regret as they stopped making them and it was so handy, and the 6x Swaro was sweet. Made the shot in just a few seconds, hog busted out in the open and I instantly was on it and asked my son if he was watching before I squeezed. I was really surprised it dropped like it did...made a believer out of me. Had loaded 8 rounds a few years earlier and had never taken anything with them, nor put on paper but I had been zeroed with 85 BTHP Sierra, same powder/charge so I was confident in POI. That evening I thought why not chamber one up since I wanted to see what they would do if a deer popped out.

Ended up being my first and only hog to date.....turned out perfect and my son as you can see enjoyed it just as much. They Do Smell bad though smile

Elmer, I do believe there were Russian Boars introduced here years ago and if not mistaken about 5 million boar now roam the USA, perhaps a third I believe are said to be in one state alone, Texas, devastating to the landscape.