Originally Posted by 700LH
NO? They are selling access to those animals I understad that, or so they say.
I wonder what that same rancher would charge a guy to go out and take wild life pictures?
Get real my friend.

Actually they do. Look at the photos in many magazines and the ranchers charge for those.

I know Mike Biggs pays for access to certain ranches. He did while I was on the callahan in South Texas. Not as much as going out and killing an animal but he still paid.

You aren't setting foot past the locked gate on a ranch in Texas without paying a fee or being invited.

You can argue the ethics of high fence hunting but if you want landowner XXX to give permission to just anyone to come on their land and hunt you're crazy. That's up the landowner.

I'm guessing many of you that say that don't own land and deal with the general hunting public at large.

The largest landowner in Texas in the past (till last year when they sold all of their land) leased 100% of their land to hunting leases for EXACTLY the cost of the property tax on it.

No one seems to think landowners have cost for improvements, taxes, etc... either. Like owning land is "free"....

Last edited by NathanL; 02/23/09.

Otto is my co-pilot.