Thanks for the imformation. After much trial and error we have developed very accurate loads in both the 30-378 and 338-378. The load for the 30-378 has been tested extensively in 3 different rifles and basic information is as follows:

Norma/Weatherby case trimmed to 2.903
Powder: Retumbo
Primer: Federal 215 Match Grade
Bullet: Barnes Triple Shock 168 grain

This load chornographs at a nomial 3500 fps with extreme velocity spreads averaging 10 fps. Accuracy at 100 yds is better than 1/2" depending on which rifle and who is shooting. This load produces sub minute of an angle out to 700 yds (longest distance shot at so far). I shot a 4" goup at 700 yds with the help of my Swarovski TDS which really works great!

In the 338-378 same basic info. except using 4831sc. and Barnes 185 grain Triple Shocks. Load is nominal 3460 fps chornographed. Produces 1/2" 100 yds and is sub minute of an angle to 600 yards (longest distance tested so far).

Other info. which is helpful. I swtiched my dies out to Forster Ultra Die Sets and Forster Co-Ax Press and have seen signifcant improvement in run out and most importantly at the range. If anyone once further detail I will gladly supply in private e-mail...just let me know by posting on site...Thanks again...JJS