Do you guys remember that JB article a year or so ago about rifle stock fit? Anyway, I could be a poster child for the Monte Carlo style stock. (Sloping shoulders, long neck, and really high cheek bones.) One day I plan on getting a McMillan made with a high cheeck piece, but not right now. After I read the article I went and bought a slip on neoprene cheek piece with different foam inserts that go under the neoprene. It does help the fit, but it shifts around during use.
What do you guys do to add a cheek piece?
I saw the Karstens online. Does anyone have any experience with one? I'm worried about it changing the balance. Does anyone know how much they weigh? I can't find that online.
I don't want a permanent cheeck piece because I don't know how I'd pull the bolts to clean the guns.
Yes, I know the Karstens aren't pretty, but I'm thinking they might be useful. Plus, my nine-year-old boy will hunt in SA with a Ruger compact and the adjustable Karstens would probably help him, too.
I don't just want to try one and then not like it because I'd be left with holes in the rifle stocks.
If you guys don't like something like the Karstens, what do you recommend? Foam and electric tape?
If it matters, my stocks are black plastic or the green laminate.
I'm hoping for some input regarding others experiences.
Thanks.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221