Cameroon is filled with Duikers. There is the Bay, Black, Yellow Backed, Red Forest, Western Red, Peter's and others. I am by no means a duiker expert. These were represented to me as Red-Flanked, and due to the coloring and black on the legs, it fits that description. As for the horns, SCI requires 7"+ for the book.

The hunt is pretty much as described about. We would go out in the morning and track bongo and return for a 1 p.m. lunch and siesta. About 3 p.m., we'd go out in the forest with the pygmy trackers and sit down in front of a large tree that afforded some 20-30 yards of vision. The head tracker would place his hand to his face, pinch his nose, and cry like a tomcat in heat. Duikers would come and investigate the sound, and my job was to spot them and snap off a quick shot with the shotgun before they took off.

I blew the back end off of a Bay Duiker that got a little close. #1's will do some damage at 10 yards! Had to do the world's smallest shoulder mount on that guy. My Dad swore he never saw one that approached. There was some shooting and missing as the bounded away.

It is a very interesting way to hunt. We were treated to lowland gorillas as we walked in the forest. They would spot us and gather up their fruit and high tail it into the thick stuff. If you snuck up on a male, he would snort and grunt and then make tracks. They are very impressive in the wild. The pygmies were often annoyed by the [bleep], who were a problem eating their crops. They had respect for a family of [bleep], because unlike the gorillas or baboons, the [bleep] would use sticks as weapons to fight off the pygmies.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo