Kay9Cop;

I gave the numbers above, and the 350 TSX is plenty flat shooting. If zeroed at 100 it's only down 12" at 300, then that's pretty flat shootin' in anyone's book! I don't know your speed (MV) but I could calculate it from those numbers.

As mentioned, I zero mine at +2" at 100; zero at 200; and -8.5" at 300. That's as flat shooting as a 30-06! I'd take mine goat hunting anytime if I felt in danger by a brown or grizzly bear.

There is also the 300 TSX which can be driven 150 to 200 fps faster, if wanted.

As you know, those bullets aren't "stubby", they are quite aerodynamic, with a BC much better than book values. I write on these things and have published a manual on the 458. So, I've discussed Barnes numbers with the top brass and they admit there are many variables in quoting ballistic coefficient numbers. It turns out that my values for the 350 TSX in testing is dead on with the numbers they published previously for their 350-X bullet!

As mentioned, mine was loaded for moose last October, didn't get a chance on one, but I had complete confidience that they would take a moose out at 400 yds if that opportunity presented itself.

Phil Shoemaker has taken moose and caribou with his 458 at over 300 yds, according to Barnes manual No.3.

As to penetration, I believe the 350TSX fired at 2500 to 2600 fps would penetrated a moose lengthwise. The only other bullets I've fired into backstops of mud, sand, gravel and stone mix, plus millions of fragments of schrapnel, and remain intact with 95 to 100% weight retention were solids for DG and the Barnes-X!

I'm a believer!

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus