Originally Posted by 458Win
It is interesting to speculate how -if Holland and Rigby had introduced the 375 & 416 Ruger rounds in the early 1900's - and Ruger was now introducing a long, tapered belted case that required a magnum length action, plus an even larger 416, would they achieve the same reception as the ultra-mags? And would the folks now bashing the Ruger rounds be defending them due to their being "classics"?

Phil, suspect you're probably right - "The more things change, the more they stay the same" esp in rifle loony world. Every 'new' cartridge development takes us forward to the past. smile

However, just found the 416 Ruger dies as a new product on the Redding site, getting ready to order. With a .420" expander plug in the neck die it should be perfect to load the 404 Ruger. See, a 'new' wildcat that takes us forward, back to the old world of the 404s! laugh

Last edited by Wildcatter264; 03/28/09.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now