I do. But mine are mono.

I watch for a nicely forked birch out when hunting & collect it. Trim it to about an inch and a quarter full length diameter staff while watching on stand, in camp, otherwise bored, etc., cut to user's height. Black tape a couple short pieces of pipe wrap to the fork for a gun rest.

Serves mostly as a walking stick, especially handy under load. On level or uphill slope, the foot can be kicked out in front to make an appropriate height gunrest. shooting downslope, the to-your-height compensates to a reasonable extent.

YMMV according to terrain/game/hunting method. I seldom have the opportunity for a sitting shot....

Splash them with a shot of safety orange paint or bit of neon-pink flagging ribbon. I've got 3 walking/shooting staffs downstairs, and a half -dozen unadorned ones out there in the woods somewhere.....I know where most of them are- I just haven't been back there.... smile

I treat my black binocs and range-finder the same way- who in the world wants camo s? - if I could find some nice neon-colored ones, now....I'd spend a lot less time going back to retrieve them...

Last edited by las; 04/07/09.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.