All of us have some things we regret not doing when we had the chance. For the sake of discussion, would y'all like to share your "coulda, sholuda, woulda" lists as far as hunting is concerned?

Here's my top 4 (not necessarily in order of rank):

(1) Montana 2001: Didn't get my bull, but while visiting a gun shop, I had the chance to purchase a Franchi Veloci 20ga. for $775 or so as "nobody wants to buy that fancy gun"...

(2) I should have bought more David Gentry Feather-light rings/bases for the Model 700 & Seven when he was still with us (and they were more readily available).

(3) Procrastinating during an extended search/deliberation for a more current (stainless) replacement to my oldest Model Seven, I missed the boat on the Model Seven XCR in 7mm-08 when Big Green discontinued the offering.

(4) Upon arrival at the airport on the front end of a hunting trip (1999 or so), I was hit-on by a really nice-looking gal at baggage claim. She asked where I was staying, if I had time to hang out (the plan was to be in camp, not town), etc. but my buddies (all married at the time) told her I'd have NO time and that I was married (I wasn't back then)...so she walked away. Later, when I mentioned her name to the rental car employee, he said that she was a local bikini model and that I was the biggest fool ever...

NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Hunter Education Master Instructor