Would you boys over there please post some pictures of European, especially German/Austrian style antler mounts, please. I don't know about French/Belgian or Scandavian mounts as I have not seen them. They may be the same.

I have seen some old European mounts and I think they look very good. I love the stark white bone against the dark wood plaque.

Over here, at least in my part of the world, the taxidermists have the idea that a European mount is the whole skull less the lower jaw. This is stuck on a post and the post is mounted to a wood shield plaque. You can't tell them anything as they think they know it all. Personally I don't care for what they call European mounts here. They remind me of road kill someone has picked up.

The true European mounts I have seen are just the skull cap including the nasal bones mounted on a dark wood oval with some type of carving around the edges. I don't remember what the carving was. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but I don't think so.

So, if you would, could some of you put up some pictures that I could download and show to a taxidermist in case I get some horns I want to hang on the wall.

Thanks

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati