Tejano
Never understood the concept of using oil to "pop" a finish. I have heard it many times from many folks and have yet to see anything like "popping" on test blocks.

Adding stain to bring out color is another thing entirely and I avoid it. I like wood to look like the wood it was supposed to be.

I would also avoid using oil under epoxy. The oil will reduce the penetration of the epoxy and that is not a benefit in my mind. The epoxy adds quite a lot of dent resistence to the wood.

The standard finish to seal uncured/uncurable oils is a coat of shellac. Not the best for stocks, but it does stop the bleeding through.

Linseed and tung oil are virtually identical. There is not enough difference between the two to be worth worrying about. Oil finish manufacturers (blenders, actually) use them interchangably without anyone knowing the difference. Even "Tung Oil" finishes are routinely made with linseed oil.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.