Wanted to get some opinions/advice on my choice of firearms for my upcoming hunt this fall in Alaska from those that have been/live there and "done that".

I'm planning on taking a Remington Model 7 in .300 SAUM loaded with 150 grain Barnes TTSX bullets at around 3250-3300 fps (have'nt cronographed yet). Is this enough bullet for Moose? I could take something bigger along for Moose if necessary but the Remington Model 7 in this configuration is like an appendage to me (hunt whitetails/blackbear most of the time with the same configuration Model 7 in .260 Remington.....probably the gun that I have the most confidence in). The .300SAUM is new to me but is so similar to the .260 Model 7 (i.e. same stock type, similar weight, etc....) that I already feel comforatble with it.

Any other equipment/clothing recommendations would be appreciated as well. Also how much daylight should one expect in early September?

Thanks much, just want to try an make sure that I am "set" as far as equipment goes.....so I can't blame anything that might go wrong on something that I can control. smile

PennDog