I loaded up 3 brands of bullets last week and went to the range for sighting in.....They were all about the same weight (70 grains +/-) and I had them all going at the same speed of what turned out to be 3200 fps. I used different powder for each.

My friend's Savage shot them all at different remote areas and my rifle (Win. Mod. 70)shot them all pretty darn close to each other. The 68 grain Berger came out the winner for accuracy with both rifles so the next day we went out hunting coyotes with the Berger hollow points.

Out in the desert we got one huge male to appear about 220 yards out and my friend nailed him about 2" above his chest line right behind the shoulder. The result was a ragged tear across the chest and left a destroyed heart and lungs. The hole was 3" wide and went from shoulder to shoulder. Never have I seen a result so hugemungus. It was steep rocky terrain and the coyote came tumbling down splattering blood everywhere. What a mess.

I forget how expensive the Bergers were but I was amazed at the performance. The sternum was also blown away.

[img][IMG]http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt17/Inhaminga/IMG_0432.jpg[/img][/img]

Last edited by idahochukar2; 05/13/09.