I've found them to be plenty good on whitetails and hogs for the last few years.

I've killed deer with them out of 7-08, 270, 25-06, 243 and 300 WSM IIRC - I have had exits with all cartridges, with the only one to give a non exit to be a south Texas doe shot by a hunter I was guiding with my 25-06 - doe was quartering away and the bullet entered behind the near shoulder and was under the skin on the off shoulder. Doe didn't go 75 yards, but she was hard to find - no blood trail.

The bullet shed its jacket and weighed around 70 of its original 120 grains. The doe was in the edge of some brush and tall grass, and I suspect it may have clipped something and tumbled a bit, but it was hot and I gutted her in record time and got her in the cooler pronto since it had taken me a good while to find her.

In every other instance, I have had exits with good expansion - usually when drilling both shoulders. I've killed several good bucks with my 7-08 with Fusion 140's since the Montana likes them better than anything I've fed it. The Fusions have been extremely accurate in every rifle I've run them - very impressive combination of accuracy and performance on the Texas whitetails and hogs where I've used it. It probably has failed to exit on a couple of really big hogs - seems I remember one where I shot him through the shoulders - dropped him in his tracks and the off shoulder was broken, but I didn't find an exit.

For whitetails and such, I'm pretty impressed with them. Here are a few of the bucks I've shot - broke both shoulders on all but one, and he was quartering hard toward me - broke the near shoulder and it exited behind the off shoulder. He's the first one...Hope this helps.

7-08 Kills...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

270 Kill with a 130 Fusion...

[Linked Image]

DJ