Own/shoot several of both type.
Have yet to have a Howa/Vanguard not shoot/feed/function perfectly. Not exactly lightweight but the new Vanguard Back Countrys have a fluted barrel and lightweight B&C stock that make them feel pretty lively. Mine is going into a Edge Sako Classic here soon as McMillan gets it made (Christmas special no less but worth the wait)and I will post all up weight and pics. My experience with the triggers is that while they can be adjusted I just replace them with a Timney.

Love my Remmys but they can be a lil tempermental. Have to say that my newer ones do not have the fit/finish the older models have. I can generally adjust the trigger to my liking. Feeding has been hit or miss but nothing that cannot usually be fixed in 5 minutes or less with a mag spring or follower tweak. My choice as well for a lightweight build.

I call it a draw really. Remmy offers more caliber/barrel options at this point with Howa/Vanguard nipping at the heels and of course offering the 300 and 257 Roy Boys in standard runs. I will say its hard to beat a $400 dollar stainless Vanguard in 300 Wby in a Mcmillan Sako Classic that has a test target with 3 180gr spire points in one hole.