nice pics, whatcha doing with Rick Grant's airplane? (grin)

Barkoff cabins dot the landscape here, many on what is now deemed FED land have been burnt by the Park Service.

In days gone by, no one locked their cabin, folks traveling were free to use it whether the owner was there or not. but folks had etiqutte back in the day, if you burned wood you chopped it, and refilled the wood box and kindling bucket.

if you consumed food, you made arrangements to replace it either by leaving some you had with you or jottin down in the journal when you would pass that way again better supplied or leave notice how for the cabin owner could get hold of you in town so you could repay them.

thus the journal, it was the way of communication concerning that particular cabin.

I've never been to a cabin that didn't have a journal, some of the old ones, volumes of them. but I'm sure there are cabins without them.

my cabin neighbors still leave their cabin unlocked, though the rest of us lock ours. they have a journal on the kitchen table as you walk in.

they staked that land in the early 70's to my knowledge they've only been ripped off a few times. Couple of times in the last year or so.

We held a memorial service and they buried the ashes of his father this last Sunday out in front of his dad's cabin. I truly couldn't have any finer back country neighbors.

Sadly even the country isn't what it once was.

tis interesting reading some of those old cabin journals.

a candle, an old journal, a good fire in the stove on a cold winter night, makes for good entertainment for me.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say