Rustjrm: I have three friends who Hunt Elk with the 25/06 Remington cartridge.
They are ALL extremely successful!
I was assisting one of these friends about 5 years ago as he harvested a VERY MATURE 7x7 Bull Elk with his 25/06 Remington!
Another one of these friends has killed more Bull and Cow Elk than 99% of all the living Elk Hunters have individually ever killed! He kills an "average" of 2 Elk per year (he hunts two states) and has used his 25/06 almost exclusively for the last 35+ years now. He has also been known to "help" kill "an Elk or two" for elderly and incapacitated neighbors of his who are able to buy tags but not much for humin the hills.
I could go on and on about their exploits but no need - whats important is their intensity of effort and their abilities and patience to be able to place a 25/06 bullet in the heart/lungs area of their intended Elk quarry!
Its just that simple!
No excuses, caveats, tangents, alibis or other escape clauses - they shoot their Rifles well and they kill Elk!
There IS a contingent of folks that automatically assume "small" caliber cartridges CAN NOT do things that they absolutely can do - I don't know what motivates these types?
Do have your daughter practice often with her Rifle and make sure that what ever bullet she uses she places it into the heart/lungs area of the Elk.
Then help her enjoy the fine Elk meat!
Two of my three friends use Remington factory ammunition of the 120 grain variety in their 25/06's and the third handloads his 25/06 with Nosler Partions.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy