What level of blueprinting does a Remington 700 require? Depends on what level of accuracy you are seeking.

It does little good to go crazy over lapping lugs if the barrel and receiver are out of alignment. Consistent accuracy and long range performance demands alignment. Most Remington 700's will deliver pretty good and sometimes amazing performance out to 300 yards, occasionally some even further. However, if you are playing in ranges much beyond that, it's gonna take a little more than lapped lugs and handloading to put you on target with any threatening consistency.

When my long range varmint and balloon popping customers want their 700 action trued, the minimum includes the receiver face, receiver threads (single point, lathe, no tap), receiver lugs, bolt face, bolt lugs and a new, surface ground and parallel recoil lug. I charge $250.00 plus the lug for this work. When combined with the customers original action, it is well below the cost of a custom copy. And will run with them. Albeit, not as sexy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The Sako extractor pictured is extra. smile

Lock, Stock and Barrel gunworks
SLC, Ut
USMC 69-73

"This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend, it is my life."