Originally Posted by high_country_
the av was glorious to look through, but about the least reliable scope ever.

Maybe the poster had one of the rare AV's with problems but the least reliable scope ever is a bunch of Hogwash. I've used more than a couple dozen Swaro's including quite a few AV's and I've only ever had problems with 1 scope in use - Swaro fixed it quickly. One of my good freinds is a Swaro dealer and another owns several dozen Swaro scopes, in a pretty large sample of scopes problems are extremely rare. My one AV might be the only one that broke in normal use. Swaro's are excellent reliable scopes but anything can break and one rare example doesn't mean the rest are bad.

I've had far more problems with Leupolds. Now don't get your panties in a wad, I'm not saying that Leupolds are bad scopes, I'm just saying that even a brand known for reliability will occasionally have problems.

I haven't broken a Zeiss Conquest yet but I've only had a couple and am down to one at the moment, it's on a 223 that isn't going to stress any scope too hard. I beleive that the Conquests are good solid scopes but I prefer the Z/ZM's to them but of course they cost a lot more. The Conquests in general seem to be great scopes for the money...........................DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................