I bought mine about a year ago. At that time I paid just over $400. It was very similar to the standard prices on the campfire or what McMillan charges. D'Arcy was phenomenal to deal with.

I'm not trying to take business away from the Bins. But I've had the McMillan M70 classic (outdated design), the G&H (the grip was too small for me and the comb flute dug into the base of my thumb)and the super grade (designed after the first generation post-1990 classic M70, they feel like a 2X4). Also factory pre-64 monte carlo stocks. For a standard sized M70 sporter the Legend is king.

P.S. Here are some pics of the Legend, with a compact on top and a M700 classic on the bottom. It's a bigger stock all-around than the compact. Straighter comb with less drop, more gracefully shaped yet more handfilling grip, and more oval shaped foreend (vertically) than the classic. I love the classic, but it's a definite second to the Legend. I don't think the M700 McClassic is available inletted for the M70 anyhoo.

The Legend will run a few more bucks when the dust settles. The bolt notch and ejector flat will need to be cut, and a recoil pad installed. Oh yeah, and studs installed. It is essentially a blank. But it is worth it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.