Fishhuntfreak, You might find this link helpful: http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,27615.0.html. It is a forum in WA. I've posted some photos of our bike and trailer combos and so have others. Like, Dancing Bear we usually hunt closed logging roads but in SW WA, just across the river from him. We've hauled in camp, including a large wood stove and 12 x 18 wall tent with steel internal frame, on the bikes and trailers. This past year it was a 9 mile, one-way trip because a slide closed more of the road. The trailers make it all possible.

Dancing Bear, just last night I purchased a Shangri La 4 for $225 at backcountry.com and a Ti-Goat stove jack. I like the height of the Origami and wish I had read your post earlier. I have a Sierra Designs Baku, but was unaware of the Origami. I had considered Kifaru, Go-Lite, TarpTent, Ti-Goat, Intregal Designs, Big Agnes, and a few other "back packing" tents. I'm hoping for a good ground seal with the Shangri La when needed. For a stove, I have been fortunate enough to connect with Ed T. on this site who has offered to make me a stove for a good price. He has 4 different sized Shangri La's and a variety of stoves he has built. Some of his stove designs break down so they are easier to pack than a traditional sheepherder. I considered those, too, until I found the collapsible kind.

I know a woman in Vancouver who used to do all of REI's sewing repairs. She repaired a tent for me last year at a reasonable price. I intend to have her sew in my stove jack. If you want someone to do that for you, I could run down her contact information (since I have to dig it up in a few days for myself anyway).

Because of severe winter-kill from '07-'08 in our usual hunt area, we have purchased OR tags and will be hunting the Eagle Cap without the bikes and trailers this year. What area do you hunt? I live in Battle Ground and work in Portland. We usually hunt east and north of Mt. St. Helens.