Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
When the average salary of a semi-skilled assembly line worker exceeds that of a teacher, we have huge issues

Tell me Jorge, how many teachers do you know that have lost a finger or worse on the job? How many teachers have Bilateral Carpal Tunnel to the extent that they loose the sense of feeling in their hands for weeks on end? How many suffer from higher incidents of cancer due to exposure to industrial chemicals? How many have blown disc in their back, or can't turn their head do to neck/spinal issues? How many spend their day minutes from a potentially fatal industrial accident, or have been killed while on the job?

Ever think for a moment there's a reason for the pay and compensation that semi-skilled employees recieve?

I have no problem with folks getting Hazardous duty pay, none at all. The issue I have is one of proportion and I used the teacher analogy just to illustrate how some folks are underpaid. You mentioned the janitor issue at GM. How many years did they go by having to pay huge salaries to them? Sure they pay contractors now after the fact, but if by choice or circumstance you work on an assembly line or as a janitor, there's now way you can justify making the same amount of money as say a doctor, lawyer, professionals in general. And if you don't like it, go do something else. I DID. I was an infantry grunt, then ON MY OWN obtained a scholarship and went to school.

Everyone has and thinks they deserve Johnny Walker Black Label tastes on a Red Label pocket. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”